310 Mechanic Apprentice
Thermo King is the world leader in transport temperature control systems for trucks, trailers, buses, rail cars and shipboard containers. Thermo King Eastern Canada sells services and reconditions all major brands of transport refrigeration equipment. Thermo King also manufactures auxiliary power units, which dramatically reduce engine idling.
Position: 310T Mechanic
Location: Thermo King Eastern Canada ‐ Ottawa
Reports to: Service Manager
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Truck & Coach Technicians (310T) will be directly responsible for servicing, repairing, overhauling, diagnosing and inspecting motor coaches, heavy trucks and truck trailers.
Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services.
- Detect and diagnose operating problems with:
- Frames And Steering Mechanisms
- Fuel Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Suspension Systems
- Electrical/ Electronic Systems
- Emission Control Systems
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Systems
- Maintains transport trailer units and truck APU’s condition by reviewing:
- Shop Orders
- Listening To Operator Complaints
- Repairing Failures; Removing, Replacing, Assembling, and Installing Parts and
- Components Involving Soldering
- Welding and the Use of Refrigeration Equipment
- Installing various new units on trucks and coaches.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
Education/Professional Development Requirements:
- Vocational/Technical school certification required.
- 3‐5 years practical experience with motor coach, heavy truck and truck‐trailer maintenance required.
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required.
- A valid class “G” driver’s license for the Province of Ontario.
- Ozone Depletion Prevention Certification preferred.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Must be personable and proficient.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize on a daily basis.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate and respond in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to use judgment and tact when dealing with general inquiries.
Physical Competencies Required:
- Lift heavy materials in excess of 75 lbs (i.e., trailer suspension parts, tires, drums etc.)
We offer a competitive compensation package and a broad range of benefits. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thermo King Eastern Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.