TYPES OF COOKIES
1. Technical Cookies
Cookies necessary and functional to browse on the Website:
- Purpose: Cookies essential to guarantee the correct functioning of the Website, for they allow the User to browse within the Website and use its basic features. Under no circumstances do these Cookies gather information likely to be used for commercial purposes. Said necessary Cookies are also needed to: (i) memorize the data given by the User during a session within the Browser; (ii) maintain active the User’s preferences and credentials during the navigation within the Website; (iii) display the content in the preferred language at each access, identifying from what nation the User is connected (and remembering such setting for future logins). For the correct functioning of the Website, Users are requested to accept the Cookies necessary for the navigation, as their rejection could impede, or strongly compromise, the browsing possibilities on the Website.
- Collected Data: browsing-related Data.
Duration: session Cookies.
2. Operational Cookies
Cookies for the proper operation of the TKEC website:
- Purpose: Cookies allowing the Website to become more accessible. Such Cookies are able to memorize the User’s data for the log-in on the Website, avoiding that the same data should be entered again at each browsing session. Such Cookies are intended to facilitate and accelerate the Website’s use, they are not, however, essential for its browsing.
- Collected Data: browsing-related data and data regarding the preferences expressed during the navigation.
Duration: both session and permanent Cookies
3. Third party Cookies
Google Analytics cookies:
- Purpose: Cookies provided by Google Inc. to monitor, in anonymous and aggregate form, the statistical analysis of Users’ traffic on the Website in order to customize the Website in regard with the Users’ interest emerged from such analysis.
- Collected Data: Data related to the computer and the User’s visit on the Website. Such Data, under no circumstances, permit TKEC to independently trace Users’ Personal Data: (i) the domain from which the User accesses to the internet; (ii) the web address, where available, from which the User accesses to the Website; (iii) the time and date of the access to the Website, for how long it lasted, and which pages have been visited; (iv) the internet protocol address (IP) of the User; (v) the computer’s operating system and the browser used by the User; (vi) the aggregated demographic details of the Users that access to the Website.
Duration: session Cookies.
For further information regarding Google analytics, the User may refer to the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
ACCEPTANCE OR WAIVER OF COOKIES
The User will be able to give their consent for the use of the Cookies described in the above section through the following procedures:
- Proceeding with the navigation on the Website or accessing any area of the Website; or
- Clicking on the “Accept” option of the informative banner on Cookies, shown on the Website.
However, TKEC specifies that, by deactivating the technical Cookies referred to in the above mentioned section, the correct navigation within the Website could be impeded and/or its usability limited.
Therefore, to better benefit from TKEC’s services available through the Website, the User is strongly advised against proceeding with the deactivation of said technical Cookies.
That being said, the User may modify the settings concerning all Cookies of the Website, in accordance to the procedures provided for in the control panels of the browser used, such as, by way of example:
- For Internet Explorer ™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari ™: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- For Chrome ™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB&hlrm=en
- For Firefox ™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- For Opera ™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note, if you choose to block cookies via the browser, you may not be able to access certain parts or functions of this website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You may also contact us via postal mail at the following address:
Thermo King Eastern Canada
6243 Netherhart Road,
Mississauga, ON L5T 1G5
ATTN: Legal Department