Installer: Transport Refrigeration Units
We will provide full training to the right people!
Want to work with an industry leader in transport refrigeration? Discover what it means to work with one of the worlds most innovative and diversified companies.
Thermo King Eastern Canada sells services and reconditions all major brands of transport equipment to manage temperature control environments for food and other perishables. We are a fast-growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, mechanic to join our winning team.
This role is perfect for excited and self-driven candidates that have a knack for solving and repairing technical and hands-on problems. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of the mechanical process. We have many opportunities for skilled workers with quality workmanship who would like to take their career to the next level.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Lucrative Tool Allowance
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Life, and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Responsibilities would include:
- Installing various new units on trailers, trucks and vans
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks
- Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment
- Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system
- Lift and align components into position, using hoist or block and tackle
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment
The successful candidate will have …
- Mechanical/HVAC background and/or experience
- Own set of general tools and tool storage
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ozone Depletion Certificate preferred
- Valid driver’s license preferred
At Thermo King we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. We provide a supportive working atmosphere with training and career advancement opportunities.
If you are an Installer that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your résumé to the human resources department at email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Upon request, disability-related accommodations are available for all candidates in the selection process.