As the top model in the marine generator set series, the Thermo King SG-5000 has a low total operationing cost with built in load protection.
Temperature-sensitive cargo requires units that are powered by their own batteries that can keep going no matter what conditions, temperatures, or delays they have to deal with. Marine gensets like the SG-5000 support long-term operation and have precise temperature controls that protect the quality and integrity of temperature sensitive products.
The Thermo King SG-5000 is a robust generator set for marine reefers made in the USA and provides an excellent balance of performance, low operating costs, and uncompromised load protection.
This premium genset offers full CARB compliance, providing reliable and efficient electricity for the life of the unit. The SG-5000 comes in both clip-on and undermount configurations and can power any ISO reefer on the market.
TRUE PERFORMANCE & RELIABILITY
The SG-5000’s high-specification generator and ultra-powerful engine have been field-tested to ensure reliability.
- Standard features include a large-diameter alternator featuring reinforced bearings and high-specification rotating diodes.
- Premium corrosion protection and an engine-driven coolant fan guarantee uninterrupted operation around the clock.
COMPLIANCE FOR LIFE
Reducing emissions across the cold chain has become the key initiative for many logistics providers that must conform to local and regional standards.
- The SG-5000 marine genset complies with CARB regulations for the product’s life.
- Ensure full compliance with EPA Tier 4 standards for off-highway diesel engines and the most stringent Environmental Protection Agency emissions requirements.
The value of lifetime compliance is the foundation for total cost of ownership, which eliminates the need to manage older non-compliant units.
- Featuring clip-on and undermount configurations, the SG-5000 provides optimal operational flexibility and is compatible with any reefer in your fleet.
- The generator features intelligent interfaces and intuitive management capabilities that help monitor cargo temperatures and alarms.
ConnectedSuite™ Intelligence Capabilities
Leveraging telematics data ensures precise monitoring and tracing of individual deliveries throughout your fleet. Track temperature levels, regulatory compliance, and respond immediately to potential challenges with real-time monitoring of fleet assets and cargo.